Oh, dear. I seem to have neglected my partner in crime–the guy who tolerated sitting directly next to me for close to 7 hours and who even ate Wasabi Ranch Popcorn upon my request–the EXCEEDINGLY TOLERANT @ClarkLab.
BlogathonATX Part Deux is over. After weeks of planning and promoting, the day came and went in a blur. But somewhere in all the activity, I had some amazing moments with some amazing people–here are a few of my highlights:
- @IleenieWeenie’s hair looked particularly good. And she was exceptionally gracious and kind about my volunteer work for BlogathonATX. And I have decided that I love her more than any other weenie, ever.
- @HaleyOdom’s hair also looked fantastic. And she let me rub up against her a couple times, creating friction that helped me recharge.
- I got to spend practically the entire day chillin’ with my homie, @jeremya and trading insults. It was pretty much like we were on Twitter but it was IRL and there was chocolate.
- @myerman wore a skirt.
- @TheJenATX and @baddmom and I discussed early childhood education and decided that all of our children are brilliant and perfect and no amount of standardized testing will convince us otherwise.
- I finally got to hang out with @AnnettePriest, and have decided she’s my new BFF (whether she likes it or not).
- I also finally got to meet @lonelygourmet, and found her to be truly delightful. We are going to plan a dinner party soon.
- The lovely and talented @jadana17 (who also had really good hair) was a joy to watch in the tech support room, as she solved problems with the greatest of ease. And she kept me entertained with her griping about her shitty connection.
- @JenHeartsArtshowed up and made my day with my super-awesome, badass Twitter ring. BEHOLD:
- @AustinDirtyDog kindly gave me excellent advice on managing my daughter’s puppy lust, and then threatened to kick my ass for taking her picture.
- I saw @g_ack for a brief moment before he ran away. But hey, I take my @g_ack where I can get it.
- I stared at @CMJ519 for several hours in the tech room until she had enough and moved over next to @txhoudini. (Apparently he smells better than I do.)
- @ATXFoodNews gave me the lowdown on all the grub–and people, did we have GRUB. Torchy’s Tacos, Delysia Chocolates, Reel Popcorn, Galaxy Cafe, Sugar Mama’s Bakery, Honest Tea–it went on and on and on. And I LOVED IT.
- Speaking of @HonestTea – I won an ENTIRE CASE of organic 1/2 Lemonade & 1/2 Tea from them. YEEEEAAAHHH.
- The extremely cool and knowledgeable @webalicious gave me a good talking to—and told me I could call her ANYTIME WITH ANY PROBLEM I EVER HAVE IN SOCIAL MEDIA. Right???
- The spectacularly cute @SummerH took amazing photos and posted them on the Group Posterous.
- I got to bond with @RangerDenni and found out that I love her and think she is the cuddliest songwriter I’ve ever met.
- I heard @ParkourA’s AMAZING story and decided she needs some kind of award for being a total badass.
- @SlavetoFashion knocked me out with her hilarious, snarky, and totally smart humor. I think she’s also going to be my friend.
- I totally got to bond with @joshua_d over how awesome STNG is and what freaking badass Q is.
- @LuannSaid and I stood next to each other in the kitchen making coffee and talking about radishes, cleanliness, and PR.
Did I miss anything? If so, leave me a comment and remind me. Like I said, it was a total blur and I can’t believe how much (food) we packed into a single day.
I’m already looking forward to the next one.
And now, some EXCLUSIVE BlogathonATX photos you won’t see anywhere else: