You’re coming to BlogathonATX. What should you expect?
1. Food. And lots of it.
Seriously. We don’t call it SnackathonATX for nothing. Wait…
2. Presentations and informal conversations about blogging
While we want your motto to be, “if I create a blog, they will come,” we recognize that real life is a bit more fickle. At BlogathonATX we invite some really smart people to come and chat with our bloggers. These folks want to help you learn how to monetize your site, how you can drive more traffic to your blog, and how you can protect your content. Beyond the roundtables, pretty much everyone is eager to share their stories from the blogging trenches (don’t worry, the trenches are pretty shallow… we wouldn’t want anyone to fall and hurt themselves!). By the end of the day your brain should hurt from all of the new ideas you have to take your blog to the next level.
3. Awesome technical support
Do you have any issues with your current blog? Are you hoping to move it to WordPress? Do you want to install new plugins, or learn how to avoid getting hacked? All day long we will have experts at your beck and call who will be happy to help troubleshoot your site and discuss technical enhancements, so don’t be shy. They may be tech geeks, but they don’t bite!
In our Room for Improvement, professional web designers will take a look at your blog and give you an expert evaluation for what works and where there’s room for improvement. They promise not to laugh unless you laugh first.
Lots of companies love BlogathonATX, and they show it by burying us with various chotskies and doodads. SwagathonATX, anyone?
6. A chance to… blog
It’s BlogathonATX, so there’s got to be some blogging happening. Using state of the art blogging technology, we ensure that there are enough comfy couches and tables where you can plug in and write your next blog masterpiece, and enough coffee that you (probably) won’t fall asleep before you’re ready to share it with the world.
7. Having fun with amazing people
Here’s the thing. BlogathonATX isn’t your usual conference. Really, it’s not a conference at all. It’s a place where a bunch of writers and geeks get together and share their love of food and chatting with each other, more or less in that order. It’s festive, it’s informal, and it’s a ridiculous amount of fun.
Having said all that, what should you bring to BlogathonATX?
- Your laptop/tablet and a power cord
- Passwords to your blog and hosting account (in case you decide you need tech support)
- Pants or a skirt with an elastic waist to accommodate all of the food you’ll eat (aka: “snackin’ pants”)
- Earbuds or headphones – Bloggers are a surprisingly animated bunch when outside their native environment.
- Your favorite Tweeting device (and enough brain cells to remember to use the hashtag #BlogathonATX a lot!)
- A reusable cup for coffee or other beverages (we’ll have cups but yours is bigger!)
- And last but never least, your sense of fun and adventure. This is going to be a day you’ll never forget!