In the weeks leading up to BlogathonATX we are featuring some informal introductions to our esteemed speakers and panelists. Get to know some of the personalities behind the talent!
Fernando is a passionate proponent of content marketing. His initial content marketing success, Latin IT Marketing, became the de facto educational source for technology companies from Latin America wanting to learn how to market their products and services in the U.S. market.
He has worked as a content marketing professional for the last seven years, and as a sales and marketing professional in the high tech space for the last 20 years. He believes that providing valuable, utilitarian and entertaining content, coupled with active promotion of that content, is the killer marketing strategy for the digital age.
He has spoken at South by Southwest, he co-organized the Americas IT Forum, and was the founder of the Austin Content Marketing Meetup.
He is completely bi-lingual in English and Spanish, and has a solid track record producing content in both languages, bridging the gap between customers and organizations.
1. What I tell people when they ask me what I do: I used to tell them I was a sales dog, then I told them I was a sales pig, and now I tell them I’m a content pimp.
2. What I love most about Austin is that this is the only place where I feel normal.
3. My favorite local restaurant is TacoDeli because tacos are my favorite food group.
4. My biggest, guilty pleasure is sneaking off to H-E-B to run an “errand” for my wife, buying a giant Cadbury’s Fruit & Nut chocolate bar and eating it all by myself before getting back home so I don’t have to share it with anyone.
5. Three blogs: Copyblogger, they’re the king of marketing content; Content Marketing Institute, really good stuff about …wait, you guessed it, content marketing, and Jay Baer’s blog.