Most attendees of BlogathonATX are locals. We have a few out-of-towners, but this is really an ATX gig – which is awesome. Bloggers, however, do not travel light. We need our laptops, our iPads, our phones, our cords and cables, and then all the other crap we seem to haul around everywhere and never use. Like pens. Personally, I’ll spend 10 minutes firing up my laptop so I can type somebody’s phone number rather than write it down.
We’ve put together a list of things that everyone should probably have with them, we’ll call it a BlogathonATX Survival Kit.
- Laptop or other blogging device
- Smart Phone
- Chargers for all your devices
- Memory cards or USB sticks
- Business Cards
- Cash for tips (We’ll be having chair massages in the Bloggers’ Spa)
- Refillable water bottle (We’ll have cups in case you forget)
- Gum, toothbrush, floss, etc. (We eat all day, your breath might get funky.)
- Headphones so you can watch Gilmore Girls on Netflix or listen to music while you work
- Snackin’ pants
Those are the tangible items you’ll need. A couple of not-so-tangible things you might want to consider are questions for the folks in the Tech Cave or the brilliant minds in the Room For Improvement, and an elevator pitch – a 30 second (or less) description that answers the question “So what do you write about?”
If you’ve got these items, you should have everything you need for a fun, successful day of blogging.
Did we forget anything? Let us know in the comments!