And now a word from BlogathonATX Founder, Ilene Haddad:
BlogathonATX is looking for sponsors and swag. Here are 10 reasons why you should give us money and stuff:
1. You and your business will reach some of the most interesting and socially awkward people in Central Texas. If your goal is to influence shut-ins with disposable incomes, here’s your chance.
2. Outside of BlogathonATX, bloggers tend to be anti-social, so they do a lot of their business online. If your company has an online presence, you should give us your money.
3. In case the name of the conference is unclear, our attendees are bloggers. Bloggers have opinions, and they write about stuff. They especially like writing about stuff they like. They will love you if you sponsor BlogathonATX.
4. Our audience is made up of people who eat food. If you sell food, you should give us some, and in exchange, we will eat it.
5. Our audience is made up of people who wear shirts. If you have shirts, we will wear them.
6. BlogathonATX is produced on a shoestring budget. On a good year, we don’t go into the red. On a great year, I can afford to take a party of 30 out for dinner at McDonalds. If you like burgers and fries, you should become a sponsor. If you are a vegetarian, you should give us money and kale.
7. It takes months to produce BlogathonATX, during which time, earnings from my actual profession more or less stop existing. If you’d like me to stay married, you should become a sponsor. (Option B: Hire me for your graphic design needs in late September.)
8. Our highly-connected bloggers are obsessed with social media. What does that mean to you? EVERYTHING. Bloggers are wormholes to financial gain, so it’s only fair that you share with us. (Financial gain may vary and cannot be measured. Please don’t sue me.)
9. Bloggers are hungry for more than just tacos and knowledge. They crave lots of things: massages, thumb drives, hats, software, hardware, pens, flashlights, thermoses, gift certificates, pet care, botox (for all the squinting at computer screens), etc. You got stuff? We got potential customers.
10. I believe most people have a generous spirit, but you are better than that. Show Austin bloggers how generous you are in spirit and in cold, hard cash.
Please consider supporting BlogathonATX by becoming a sponsor. In addition to the benefits mentioned above, your company logo will be displayed on our website, and you will receive a free ticket to come see what all the fuss is about.* Unable to sponsor? Be an attendee! Tickets go on sale August 25th.
Contact me at email@example.com for more info. I hope to see you on September 26th for BlogathonATX!
*Visit the link below to see what other benefits your sponsorship includes.