FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
December 14th, 2011
For a good time, Blog here.
- Who: Central Texas bloggers, entrepreneurs, social media professionals, writers
- What: 12 hours for bloggers to meet, greet, write and eat!
- Where: Link Coworking—Austin, Texas
- When: Saturday, April 28th, 2012 – 9:00am to 9:00pm*
- Why: To create a community of bloggers who share a love for writing, sharing and learning
AUSTIN, TEXAS (December 14, 2011)–It all started with a tweet in the summer of 2010, asking if anyone wanted to get together and blog all day; maybe have a potluck. That tweet grew into the hottest ticket in town for both established and aspiring bloggers alike. #BlogathonATX® is back for the third time this fall with a full day of blogging, collaborating, tech help and roundtable discussions led by Austin’s brightest blogging experts and social media enthusiasts. The event will take place April 28th, 2011, from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.* at Tech Ranch Austin.
The first #BlogathonATX, held just one month after that original tweet in August 2010, was organized on-the-fly by friends and volunteers and yet still secured high-profile sponsors including DrakNet, Torchy’s Tacos, and media sponsor Mashable. The second one was held in January 2011, and tickets to the all day event sold out in four days. Many sponsors signed on again, realizing they couldn’t buy the kind of publicity created by a room full of people blogging, Tweeting and Facebook-ing about their products. They also added new sponsors such as PubCon, A Small Orange web hosting, Sugar Mamas, Delysia Chocolatier and many others.
Entrepreneurs and personal bloggers worked, learned and ate alongside communications professionals from IBM, Dell, Texas State University and The University of Texas. The “Tech-a-thon Room,” in which some of Austin’s smartest specialists volunteered their time to assist people with technology issues, was busy all day. The roundtable discussions were lead by experts on everything from content development to time management and were standing room only. In the end, the event reached more than 10,000 people in the social media universe through tweets, blog posts, Livestream and Facebook updates..
- Intensive areas of productivity: The event features a large area for brainstorming and panel discussions led by top area writing, marketing, public relations and web development specialists; a Tech Room for technical assistance staffed by the brainiest, geekiest tech specialists Austin has to offer; and plenty of room for unadulterated blogging euphoria.
- Livestreaming: #BlogathonATX will once again be broadcast live on a dedicated Ustream channel. By using Ustream and Twitter in conjunction, viewers can participate in real-time throughout the day, asking questions during panel discussions and occasionally heckling passersby.
- A blog, of course: Attendees and fans of #BlogathonATX are encouraged to introduce themselves and share their own blog posts by posting to Blogathon’s official Group Blog and using the #BlogathonATX Twitter hash tag before, during, and after the event.
- Outrageously great food and drink: Attendees of the past events #BlogathonATX will tell you that a surprise highlight was the endless supply of free goodies throughout the day from local businesses like Torchy’s Tacos, Corucopia, Graham’s Texas Tea, Lux Bakery & Café, North by Northwest, The Cupcake Bar, and Treaty Oak Rum.
For the latest news, visit http://www.blogathonatx.com/.
Media contact: Ilene Haddad, email@example.com